Jonetta Kapusta-Dorogi is a Certified Specialist in Family Relations Law, certified by the Ohio State Bar Association. Ms. Dorogi’s experience includes both analysis and litigation of complex domestic relations issues, including business evaluation, treatment of retirement assets in divorce, tax considerations involved in the payment and receipt of spousal support and custody issues. Ms. Kapusta-Dorogi is committed to developing client awareness of alternative process options in seeking to terminate their marriage and restructure their family.
Jonetta is committed to helping her clients identify and prioritize their interests, and providing legal information and counsel which will allow them to take control of the decisions within the process they select, in an effort to obtain enduring peaceful and equitable results. Jonetta trains lawyers and other professionals in the techniques and theory of Collaborative Law and Mediation practice. As a mother of two college students and a medical student, she is sensitive to child related issues at every developmental stage and has an analytical and practical approach to problem solving. Ms. Dorogi’s commitment to understanding her clients’ interests and priorities has enabled her to achieve successful results. Jonetta offers the skills of a seasoned family law attorney and an accomplished collaborative practitioner, parent coordinator, and family law mediator.
- Case Western Reserve, B.A., 1985
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D., 1989
- Cleveland State University, Graduate School of Business
- Relevant course work: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Advanced Marketing, Qualitative Business Analysis and Employment Practice Law.
Jonetta is admitted to practice law in Ohio. She is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Jonetta is a past president, and has been a member of the board of directors for the Center for Principled Family Advocacy for the past fifteen years. She currently serves as trustee for the Center. The Center for Principled Family Advocacy, an organization of attorneys who advocate and practice alternative processes to litigation including principled negotiation, collaboration, mediation, facilitated negotiation, cooperative practice and arbitration with the intent of returning to individual clients and families control over the decision as to the process to be used in resolving family conflicts. She is also the past chairman of the Center’s Collaborative Practice group and a member of the Center’s mediation, collaborative and parent coordination practice groups.
Jonetta is also a member of the Cleveland Academy of Collaborative Professionals where she has the opportunity to focus on her collaborative law skills and actively engage
with this group of like-minded professionals, in expanding the understanding of Collaborative Law in the Cleveland metropolitan community. * She is also a current member and the past president of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Section and a teacher in the 3R’s Program, educating high school students on fundamental concepts of U.S. constitutional law and encourage setting future education goals. She is also a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Section.
Prior to joining the firm, Jonetta worked with Hermann Cahn and Schneider, LLP, for thirteen years concentrating in the area of domestic relations law.
- Collaborative Divorce, Cleveland Metropolitan Law Journal, 2009
- Collaborative law helps keep divorces out of Court, Litigation alternatives staves off added anguish by focusing on negotiation at Crain’s Cleveland Business, June 2008
- Junior League of Cleveland (1998-2016), Board of Directors
- Junior League of Toronto, Board of Directors, Toronto, Canada (2000 -2002)
- Ruffing Montessori School, Fund Development and Religion Program Mass Coordinator
- University Hospitals, Ireland Cancer Center, Steering Committee for the American Girl Fashion Show (1998 -2016)
- Angela Merici Catholic Church, Sunday School Teacher, Eucharistic Minister
- Magnificat HS Alumni Association
- Hathaway Brown, Parent Volunteer
- University School, Parent Volunteer
- Laurel Parent Association – Board Member
- Rocky River Hockey Association Fund Development Committee
- Cub Scout Pack 85 Fund Development Chair; Girl Scout Leader
- Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Association, Alpha Phi Delegate
- Alpha Phi Westshore Alumnae Association
- Married with three children.
- Devoted fan of the Undefeated Amherst College Football Team, HB Golf Team and University School Hockey and Football Teams and Duke Blue Devils.
- Interests include: Tennis, Football, Hockey, Golf, Piano, and Gardening.