Jonetta Kapusta-Dorogi is a Certified Specialist in Family Relations Law, certified by the Ohio State Bar Association.Ms. Dorogi’s experience includes both analysis and litigation of complex domestic relations issues, including business evaluation, treatment of retirement assets in a divorce, tax implications, and custody issues. Ms. Kapusta-Dorogi is committed to developing client awareness of alternative process options in seeking to terminate their marriage and restructure their family.
Jonetta is committed to helping her clients identify and prioritize their interests and providing legal information and counsel, allowing them to take control of the decisions within the process they select to obtain enduring peaceful and equitable results. Jonetta trains lawyers and other professionals in the techniques and theory of Collaborative Law and Mediation practice. As a mother herself, she is sensitive to child-related issues at every developmental stage and has an analytical and practical approach to problem-solving. Ms. Dorogi’s commitment to understanding her clients’ interests and priorities has enabled her to achieve successful results. Jonetta offers the skills of a seasoned family law attorney and an accomplished collaborative practitioner, parent coordinator, family law mediator, and guardian ad litem.
- Case Western Reserve, B.A., 1985
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D., 1989
- Cleveland State University, Graduate School of Business
- Relevant course work: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Advanced Marketing, Qualitative Business Analysis and Employment Practice Law.
Jonetta is admitted to practice law in Ohio. She is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Jonetta is the President of the Cleveland Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She has the opportunity to focus on her collaborative law skills and actively lead this group of like-minded professionals in expanding the understanding of Collaborative Law in the Cleveland metropolitan community.
Jonetta is a past President and has been a member of the board of directors for the Center for Principled Family Advocacy for the past fifteen years. She currently serves as the co-chair for the parent coordinators practice group for the Center. The Center for Principled Family Advocacy, an organization of attorneys who advocate and practice alternative processes to litigation. The processes include principled negotiation, collaboration, mediation, facilitated negotiation, and arbitration. The intent is to return to individual clients and families control over the decision as to the process to be used in resolving family conflicts. She is also the past chairman of the Center’s Collaborative Practice group and a member of the Center’s mediation, collaborative, and parent coordination practice groups.
She is also a current member and the past President of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Section, and a teacher in the 3R’s Program, educating high school students on fundamental concepts of U.S. constitutional law and encourage setting future education goals. She is also a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Section.
Before creating her firm, Jonetta worked with Hermann Cahn and Schneider, LLP, for thirteen years concentrating on domestic relations law.
- Collaborative Divorce, Cleveland Metropolitan Law Journal, 2009
- Collaborative law helps keep divorces out of Court, and Litigation alternatives staves off added anguish by focusing on negotiation at Crain’s Cleveland Business, June 2008
- Junior League of Cleveland Sustainer: Active member (1998-2016), Board of Directors
- Junior League of Toronto, Board of Directors, Toronto, Canada (2000 -2002)
- Ruffing Montessori School, Fund Development and Religion Program Mass Coordinator
- University Hospitals, Ireland Cancer Center, Steering Committee for the American Girl Fashion Show (1998 -2016)
- Angela Merici Catholic Church, Sunday School Teacher, Eucharistic Minister
- Magnificat HS Alumni Association
- Hathaway Brown, Parent Volunteer
- University School, Parent Volunteer
- Laurel Parent Association – Board Member
- Rocky River Hockey Association Fund Development Committee
- Cub Scout Pack 85 Fund Development Chair; Girl Scout Leader
- Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Association, Alpha Phi Delegate
- Alpha Phi Westshore Alumnae Association
- Married with three children.
- Devoted fan of the Cleveland Browns, Duke Blue Devils, Amherst College Football Team, HB Golf Team, Laurel Tennis Team and University School Hockey and Football Teams.
- Interests include: Tennis, Football, Hockey, Golf, Piano, Gardening and Reading.